A business valuation is an estimate of the economic value of your small business, how much is your business worth. Business valuations are fundamental to negotiating for example, the sale of your business, purchase of an existing business, or looking for business financing or investors.
- What Is Business Valuation? valuation (isbdc.org)
- Top 5 Business Valuation Myths: Business-Valuation-101_0.pdf
Other things to consider
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Find local small business counseling and training resources at no cost here: Small Business Administration (sba.gov)
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Program: VBOC The Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC) program is designed to provide entrepreneurial development services such as business training, counseling, and resource partner referrals to transitioning service members, veterans, National Guard & Reserve members, and military spouses interested in starting or growing a small business. SBA has 22 organizations participating in this cooperative agreement and serving as Veterans Business Outreach Centers (VBOC).
- SCORE: SCORE, the nation’s largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors, is dedicated to helping small businesses plan, launch, manage and grow. SCORE is a nonprofit organization that is driven to foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and educational workshops. Homepage | SCORE
- Women’s Business Centers WBC: WBCs are a part a national network of entrepreneurship centers throughout the United States and its territories, which are designed to assist women in starting and growing small businesses. WBCs seek to “level the playing field” for women entrepreneurs, who still face unique obstacles in the business world.
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC): SBDC’s provide counseling and training to small businesses including working with the SBA to develop and provide informational tools to support business start-ups and existing business expansion. Find Your SBDC – America’s SBDC (americassbdc.org)
- Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC): PTAC provides counseling to small businesses throughout the country in the Federal Contracting arena. Assistance with proposal writing, Bidding, identifying Pipeline opportunities, and Marketing to the federal government. Locate a PTAC office here: https://www.aptac-us.org/find-a-ptac/